Monday, January 23, 2006

chickie sayings....

KT and I were walking to the bus stop. The collar of her winter coat was pushing the furry trim on the hood of her cardigan up around her chin and cheeks. She says to me, "Look, I'm a poodle! This makes me feel as warm as a marshmallow in a s'mores." Ah, this girl at 6 years of age has talent that I always struggled with. I cannot think up metaphors other than very trite, unoriginal ones. Mr. E. in high school English class always seemed too joyful when he would grade my paper "C", "trite". Another favorite saying of KT when she is cold and shivering is, "I'm colder than an ice cube."

I'll leave you with that less than warm thought...however it is dry outside today which makes it 2 in a row (after about 35 days of precipitation).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home