Friday, January 20, 2006

Oooo, the excitement

I feel like Christmas is approaching (so soon). My Secret Pal contacted me and I've got those little butterflies of excitement in the bottom of my stomach! Or maybe it's just gastro-intestinal complaints about the stressful afternoon volunteering in a 3rd grade class. I'm really thinking it's the first and not the second possibility.

On the knitting scene...since the next FLAK installment isn't coming out until Tuesday, I have time to start something new. Ha ha. Please don't ask if I've finished the Three Penny Pullover yet since the answer is "no". I love the yarn, but it is a labor intensive project and I was thinking more about a simple to make yet textured sweater using the Webs Valley Merino. So, I've settled on the Lace Ribs Pullover from Knitter's Stash. It is not complicated, but I do like its uncommon cast on for the neck and knitting it top down with shoulder saddles and all. I am already done with the front down to the bottom of the arm holes and am starting on the back. I am wondering how far I will get before Tuesday and the FLAK once again consumes my knitting time.

A month ago I started an Excel file labelled "Yarn Inventory" so I could list the yarn, fiber type, yardage, # of skeins and most importantly, the intended project. I have enough yarn for 5 sweaters. Yikes! However, I have no sock yarn and am sad about that. It is hard justifying the acquisition of more yarn (for socks) when I have so much yarn already. My feet are begging for another pair of jaywalkers and I was looking at the Koigu and Socks that Rocks colors. Finally, I just had to walk away from the computer and it's screen full of tempting, soft socky-goodness.

Maybe it's better to focus on those bridesmaids dresses I need to work on...April 29th is approaching quickly. It is sometime hard to be motivated for someone elses' bridesmaids' dresses. Big Sigh. Okay, no more feeling sorry for myself when I joyfully accepted the project in order to help a friend. Moving on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home