Thursday, October 12, 2006

Socktober Update


After finishing the first sock in a new record for me....4 days, I am more slowly working on sock 2. The yarn is superwash merino, hand dyed, purchased on ebay. The pattern is my own with the twin rib stitch pattern from Sensational Socks.
I was slowed down in my knitting by Art & Soul and a friend's baby shower, but am back to a more normal schedule. A highlight of A&S was meeting Traci Bunkers and taking a class from her. Even though it wasn't at all fiber related, I had asked her earlier if I could bring my spindle & single spun yarn and she graciously showed me how to andean ply! I can ply!! I also took classes from Thomas Mann and Carla Sonheim. It seems quite an eclectic mix of classes. I enjoyed them all and am looking forward to next year's already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home